Called Map Maker, Google’s information for the country’s layout comes primarily from visitors and from former citizens who defected, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The mapping idea stemmed in part from a 28-year-old South Korean who tried to use Google maps on a trip to Laos four years ago, but found it unhelpful, at best. He ultimately helped devise the Google map application for North Korea.
“I thought if I could fill in information on North Korea, it might be useful in an emergency or tragedy if Google can provide a map for aid agencies,” the South Korean told the Wall Street Journal.
—there are reviews.
- anonymousmutekittenssociety likes this
- bat-breath reblogged this from khymeira
- thisblackwitch reblogged this from khymeira
- kkathrynthegreatt likes this
- people-a-la-mode likes this
- slushymermaid666 likes this
- monsterousgirl likes this
- liritarnauld likes this
- thevonhauslist likes this
- poopie-mcgee likes this
- ghostlyshriek reblogged this from khymeira
- khymeira reblogged this from ryanpanos and added:
- lcsmchl reblogged this from ryanpanos
- elizavps likes this
- nahinnsegall likes this
- innominatenietzsche likes this
- britneenotbrittany likes this
- xoxojulievo reblogged this from stokesaford
- softlikestone reblogged this from stokesaford
- aether94 likes this
- stokesaford reblogged this from ryanpanos
- stokesaford likes this
- blastnegativity likes this
- cheesecrackerdevice reblogged this from ryanpanos
- karlis likes this
- ianbrooks likes this
- ryanpanos posted this